Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Route name truncation - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Route name truncation (/showthread.php?tid=9946)

[CA11] Route name truncation - nharrison5 - 11-19-19 08:29 AM

I have eS127 MFD running LH 3 and Navionics software. All are updated to the latest version. When using the sync feature on an IPad, the routes show up with the names truncated making them unusable without editing the names.

If the transfer occurs using a card, the names show up correctly. Is there something else I should be doing to insure the route is synced properly?

RE: [CA11] Route name truncation - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-19-19 09:47 AM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum nharrison5,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Most commonly, this issue results from having created route and/or waypoint names violating the constraints specified within the referenced FAQ.

RE: [CA11] Route name truncation - nharrison5 - 11-26-19 07:59 PM

Thanks Chuck. It appears that the truncation of the route name only occurs through plotter sync. When using a card to import the routes, the full route name shows up. These route names are well over 16 characters.

RE: [CA11] Route name truncation - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-26-19 08:54 PM

nharrison5,

There is a good possibility that the Boating app is responsible for the reported issue. I can volunteer to look at the GPX file that was transmitted by the Boating app to the MFD. Should you additionally provide the name of one of the waypoints which had a truncated name, I can verify whether the GPX file includes the truncated name.