Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration (/showthread.php?tid=9969)

[CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration - DLERMF - 11-21-19 05:27 PM

My trawler has a pair of 100 US gallon diesel fuel tanks. The port tank has been emptied, inspection ports installed and the tank cleaned. I plan to install the Oceanic Systems submersible hydrostatic sensor (Part 4652) and tank level adaptor (Part 4291).
A Raymarine Axiom Pro MFD was installed several months ago. I plan to repeat the process on the starboard tank after completing sensor installation and refueling the port tank. I would prefer to add no more than 25 gallons of diesel fuel to the port tank because of trim concerns with an empty starboard tank.
Question:
Is it possible to have an accurate tank calibration with 25 gallons of fuel?
Thanks

RE: [CA11] Oceanic Systems fuel tank sensor calibration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-22-19 11:58 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DLERMF,

Q. Is it possible to have an accurate tank calibration with 25 gallons of fuel?
A. I suspect that the answer to this question would be dependent upon the shape of the tank. I suspect that this may be so for a tank having a standard rectangular or square shape, but would not be so for a tank having an irregular shape. That said, I would recommend that this question be addressed to the manufacturer of the tank level sensor (i.e. Oceanic Systems or Oceanic Systems US).