Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C120 Upgrade.....im so confused
12-03-19, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-19 02:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C120 Upgrade.....im so confused
Hello All,

I have just purchased a new to me M400 Riviera with a C120 classic screen and m92650-s radar.

The boat also has autopilit and DSM300

Im wanting to upgrade the screen but the local RM dealers are telling me i need to switch out most of my old gear especially the Radar.

Is there any options newer than the C120 that are compatible. From the looks of it the ES series have a template but will they work with my current equipment.

thanks

R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-19, 03:21 PM
RE: [CA11] C120 Upgrade.....im so confused
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum R,

Unfortunately, the last Raymarine MFDs supporting use of radomes having an analog video interface were Raymarine's E-Series Classic MFDs, which debuted approximately one year after the C-Series Classic MFDs were introduced. These MFDs were replaced within Raymarine's product lineup in the 2009/2010 time frame. All Raymarine MFDs produced since have supported Raymarine radar transducers featuring a different communications interface (Ethernet). The eS-Series MFDs are accordingly not compatible with the currently installed radome. While DSMs are not supported (not tested) for use with Raymarine's latest generation of MFDs (Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL), anecdotal feedback has indicated that an operation DSM30/DSM300 may be satisfactorily used to support 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sonar imaging with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. Many of the other Raymarine products available during the period of the C-Series Classic MFDs may be adapted to be used with Raymarine's Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.
12-03-19, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-19 09:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, i figured that. So i suppose its a new system then.
12-04-19, 09:03 AM
r207,

Q. So i suppose its a new system then.
A. It would appear so. If you need any assistance with selecting components for a new system, we'll be glad to assist.