Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] P70r left hand side buttons not working
12-28-19, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-19 02:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] P70r left hand side buttons not working
HI All

I have a P70R and the 2 left hand side buttons are not working "shutdown & back button" when You press you can feel the click but nothing happens.

I have my P70r networked with Axiom 12 & es78, It has all worked fine for over a year and then just stopped.

Anyone got any ideas?

cheers Phil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-19, 02:17 PM
RE: [CA11] P70r left hand side buttons not working
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Phil,

Unfortunately, this is not something that software or a reset would correct. It is recommended that the autopilot control head be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
01-02-20, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-20 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
HI There

I have found the problem bad corrosion causing a short circuit on the on the rotary button PCB.
I have tried to clean the corrosion away at the same time not trying to compromise the PCB tracks. Anyway no luck....

So now I am trying to purchase the PCB "3015-485-3" see attached pictures

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-02-20, 09:01 AM
Phil,

Unfortunately, the part which you have referenced is not available for sale to end users through dealers. It would be necessary to send the p70R to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to have it serviced. Alternatively, it may be replaced with a p70RS Autopilot Control Head.