Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] ST 5000+
01-20-20, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-20 06:24 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] ST 5000+
I someone can help me. I have a faulty Raymarine ST4000+ control head on my sailing boat (wheel steering). I have been told it can’t be repaired. I have been able to source a good Raytheon ST5000+ control head. Can I replace them like for like? What is the difference (if any) between them? Do I need to adjust any settings? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-20, 09:56 PM
RE: [TG11] ST 5000+
Hello Neil,

We haven't had any spares for ST4000+ displays for some years, they were retired a long time ago. And attempting component-level repairs on modern surface-mount PCBs tends not to be either economic in labour time or very reliable.

Yes, you can use an ST5000+, it's actually the same circuit board. Just go into the dealer calibration and set the Drive type correctly ('4000 WHL') and do the rest of the calibration as for a new installation.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
01-22-20, 06:14 AM
RE: [LW11] ST 5000+
That’s great. Thanks for your help Tom.
Regards Neil