Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
06-12-20, 05:19 PM
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your quick response but I'm not sure that I understand your answer. I updated all of my newly purchased Raymarine equipment in February 2020 via a bench setup. I downloaded Element 7s V 3.10.10 that I understand was released in November 2019. It included s/w updates where applicable for all of the equipment that I bought and I was able to successfully update all components in February.
However, I now see there is a new update v 3.04 / 3.12 for the Autopilot ACU (ACU100 in my case) that was released in April 2020.
Are you saying that the Element 72 V3.10.10 released in November 2019 includes the new autopilot update for the ACU that was released in April 2020?
I'm not at my boat at the moment so I don't recall which version of s/w is resident on the ACU100 now but I suspect it is V3.03.
So, do I need V3.04 on my ACU100 and if so, how can I execute the s/w update with the Element 7s as my only MFD.

Thanks,

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-20, 09:08 AM
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
Hi Dave,

The Element software download is a set of bundled files. When V3.10 first came out it had the older pilots update file. If you download the Element bundle V3.10 software today the pilots update contained in it is a newer version but yet it is still the V3.10.

I would recommend redownloading the latest V3.10 and installing it on your Element, you should see a new update for the pilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply