Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Comnav 1001 & Axiom Autoroute
02-05-20, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-20 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Comnav 1001 & Axiom Autoroute
Hi,

I am in the process of cleaning up my electronics mess on my new boat, existing systems was a mix of old Raytheon and new raymarine.

The current setup I have is 3X Axiom MDF, with full N2K network and a separate comnav 1001 AP. It came with a Furuno 0183 to NTK converter hooked up to a flow scan system for MPG.

If I connect my 1001 to the network with the converter will the autonav function work? assuming I meet all other requirements?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-20, 04:30 PM
RE: [CA11] Comnav 1001 & Axiom Autoroute
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Should the Comnav 1001 AP support NMEA 0183 v2.0 or higher communications, then a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-STNG, etc.) may be used to interface to autopilot to a spur socket within the backbone. Should navigation (Go To Cursor/Waypoint or Follow Route) be commanded by the MFD, then the associated data will bye transmitted by the MFD to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and then passed to the third party autopilot via the NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device. The autopilot's control head may then be used to command the autopilot into track mode (i.e. the mode by which an autopilot steers to a location rather than to a locked heading).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply