Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Realbathy Confusion
02-24-20, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Realbathy Confusion
I have a 2017 Axiom and I want to use the Realbathy Function but don't want to keep sending Navioinics $100 every year.

Q. Is there a way to use the realbathy function with the Lighthouse Chart mapping that came with the unit -product number LHC-NAM-001 or do I have to purchase the NC2 product or pay yearly subscription to Navioincs?

Q. Assuming that I have to purchase either above is the Realbathy function a yearly subscription function with Raymarine as it is with Navionics?

Basically I am happy with Navionics mapping that I purchased without further Navioinics updates but I would like to use realbathy to further pinpoint my fishing spots without yearly subscriptions if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-20, 09:27 AM
RE: [CA11] Realbathy Confusion
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cigar Minnow,

It appears that you may be confusing the Navionics SonarChart Live feature with Raymarine's Realbathy feature. Since its introduction in LightHouse II software, the Navionics SonarChart Live feature has permitted users of Navionics cartography to layer their Navionics cartography with live and recorded sonar bathymetry. The Navionics SonarChart Live feature is also supported by the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.11.42 at the time of this response. As you have suggested the Navionics SonarChart Live feature requires that the Navionics chart card within the MFD's memory card reader (or that of a networked MFD) have an active Navionics Freshest Data subscription. This subscription is free for the first year of ownership for any Navionics chart card which is bundled with a MFD or has been separately purchased. The SonarChart Live feature is designed to work in conjunction with the Navionics Sonar Logging feature. More details concerning the Navionics SonarChart Live feature may be found within Chapter 8.12 SonarChartâ„¢ Live of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.

In contrast, LightHouse 3 software's RealBathy is designed to overlay any type of cartography (including the base world maps) with logged sonar data. The Realbathy feature requires the following:
• LightHouse™ 3 software version 3.9 or later.
• LightHouse™ NC2 charts, which must include tide station information for the location you wish to survey.
• MicroSD card with sufficient frees space to record depth and bathymetry data
More details concerning the LightHouse 3 RealBathy feature may be found within Chapter 8.10 RealBathy of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.

Q1. Is there a way to use the realbathy function with the Lighthouse Chart mapping that came with the unit -product number LHC-NAM-001 or do I have to purchase the NC2 product or pay yearly subscription to Navioincs?
A1. As indicated above, a LightHouse NC2 Chart card is required. Product IDs for MFD bundles featuring a "-101" suffix include a LightHouse NC2 Chart card. LightHouse NC2 Chart cards may also be purchased from an authorized Raymarine dealer.

Q2. Assuming that I have to purchase either above is the Realbathy function a yearly subscription function with Raymarine as it is with Navionics?
A2. Negative.
02-25-20, 01:22 PM
Thank you for the Clarification Chuck - i will be purchasing the NC2 mapping card.
02-25-20, 01:25 PM
You're welcome.