Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ID transducer RV-100/HV-100
03-06-20, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ID transducer RV-100/HV-100
I enjoy reading your answers for the Raymarine Forum, so I started this question (letter) with your name. I read all questions are moderated before posting, I don’t expect or care if this gets posted to the forum, and this might get lengthy. I have asked this question several times to Cabela’s employees (4 emp), The GPS Store, North Carolina, and three Raymarine employees at the 603-324-7900 number. I could type a full page to explain background on this question prior to asking (bothering) you, but I won’t.
I bought an Element 9, from the GPS store in North Carolina, opened the box and found a Hornet RV-100 transducer inside. Reading posts from your forum, Raymarine WEB pages, and other sources I thought that the Element series required and HV-100 transducer. That the HV-100 has HyperVision 1.2 MHz, and the RV-100 does not. I will not be fishing deeper than 300 feet, only lakes, rivers, and coastal bays. I’ll be using this on an 18’ C-Dory flat bottomed boat.
Question 1. Everyone I’ve talked to has said that this Hornet RV-100 will work with the Element 9 and will do it all – 2D sonar, Downscan, Sidescan, HyperVision 1.2 MHz and Realvision 3d is this true? Since typing this letter the third Raymaine Rep said that a RV-100 transducer will not plug into the connection on the back of the Element MFD, this one will. So the part number identifies it as a HV-100, but the next line on the tag attached to the transducer is printed Hornet RV Transom Transducer. Will there be confusion at warrenty repair time? I was told twice to google the transducer PN #A80549. I don’t like google and don’t trust the internet, I did it and got an Amazon page showing a Raymarine HV-100 transducer.
Label on Box :
E70534-05-NAG
Serial # 0990270
70534 Element 9 HV Qty 1
80549 HV-100 transducer (?)M Qty 1
70408 Navionics + Card
Received Transducer
PN A80549
Hornet RV Transom Transducer
Serial # 0791987
Question 2. If this transducer has HyperVision 1.2 MHz with 3d, like I was told, I’ll keep it. Transportation in trucks is rough on freight. Also during Initial startup, first power up, will the MFD, Element 9, allow me to choose a Hornet RV transducer, RV-100, or just choose HV-100 and be done with it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-20, 08:02 AM
RE: [CA11] ID transducer RV-100/HV-100
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WGL1953,

Q1. Element HV package and transducer labels appear to indicated that the product is supplied with a RV-100 transducer.
A1) Hornet was the internal program name given to the Element Program. This name should have been removed from any product labeling prior to its introduction. Unfortunately, it appears that this was missed from some of the labeling. Likewise, the transducer label's reference to RV-100 is incorrect and should have stated HV-100. A80549 is indeed the correct part number for the HV-100 transducer and you should find that the transducer will mate directly to the Element HV display's transducer socket. RV transducers will not mate to the Element HV display's transducer, as the shape of the plugs differ. These production labeling issues have been identified to the product manager responsible for the Element program and is expected to be corrected accordingly. Please accept our apology for the confusion / concern which this may have caused you.

Q2. Also during Initial startup, first power up, will the MFD, Element 9, allow me to choose a Hornet RV transducer, RV-100, or just choose HV-100 and be done with it?
A2. No transducer selection is required, as only HV transducers are compatible with Element HV displays. Similarly, no transducer selection is required for Element S displays, as only CPT-S transducers are compatible with Element HV displays.
05-03-20, 11:20 PM
It's posted. Thanks looked for a while didn't see it then quit looking. Thank you for answering got it installed at Portland Marine Electronics last week. Again, thank you for answering.
05-04-20, 01:38 PM
Your welcome