Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Not safe to remove sd card
03-21-20, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 02:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Not safe to remove sd card
I have just done one step in updating to LHIII.
But the screen will not say it is safe to remove the sd card.
I am tempted to just shutdown and remove the card, but I am traveling in isolated areas - if there is a problem. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-20, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 02:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Not safe to remove sd card
Hello C.spots,

I am guessing you've resolved this one way or another by now, but in case not - removing the card with the particular message in your photo won't harm the system. It's possible that MicroSD card data would be affected by doing so - a safer thing to do would be power the display off with the power key first - but that message isn't part of the upgrade process. It looks like some background process in the LH2 software is trying to access the card (read or write) and isn't 'letting go' in order for the system to say it's ok to remove. Turning it off with the power key forces all of these processes to shut themselves down and release control of the card.

For anyone else reading this, you must never remove either the update card or power during a software update.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply