Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Seatalk - Simrad IS15
03-24-20, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Seatalk - Simrad IS15
Hi . I hope someone can help me. I have a a Hanse yacht (2003) with all Raymarine instruments (st60wind, multi and 4000+ auto helm) and C80 chart plotter. Also have Raymarine DSM250 connected to the C80. The speed and depth transducers are connected to a Simrad IS15 transceiver. I think the Hanse was standard with Simrad equipment and the Raymarine was an option. My speed and Depth reading is gone and the transducer is fine. I’m not sure if there is an issue with the Is15 unit. I’m trying to figure out where the Roblink output cable from the IS15 goes ( how does it interfaces with Seatalk). It disappears behind a panel at the chart table close to the chart plotter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Regards Neil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-20, 01:02 PM
RE: [DG11] Seatalk - Simrad IS15
Hi NeilK

Thankyou for your enquiry,

I am afraid we have no information about the Roblink cable? Does this carry NMEA0183?? I think you need to get information from Simrad.

SeaTalk is a proprietary data protocol and would not link direct to the Simrad - I suspect there is some form of interface to covert the Simrad data to NMEA 0183 and then an NMEA0183 to SeaTalk interface.

I think you need to trace this cable and the interfaces to identify where the comms is breaking down.

regards

Derke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply