Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Extending RS150 GNSS Receiver Cable to SeaTalkng Backbone
04-01-20, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Extending RS150 GNSS Receiver Cable to SeaTalkng Backbone
The 6 m (19.69 ft)white cable provided with the RS150 is to short for my vessel. Can this cable be spliced into a stub cable? or should I use a longer stub cable replacing the white cable that came with the RS150 GNSS Receiver? What is the proper method I should follow? The length of cable needed is 22 ft.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-20, 09:15 AM
RE: [CA11] Extending RS150 GNSS Receiver Cable to SeaTalkng Backbone
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sea Tiger,

Q1. Can this cable be spliced into a stub cable?
A1. Negative

Q2. or should I use a longer stub cable replacing the white cable that came with the RS150 GNSS Receiver?
A2. Negative

Q3. What is the proper method I should follow?
A3. The maximum length of a spur's cable must not exceed 6m within a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 network. In this case, the system's backbone will need to be extended to provide an additional spur socket which is within 6m of the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor.
04-06-20, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-20 07:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, I will use "T" connector with a terminator and backbone cable. I have a follow-up question due to information I found on the forum which was confusing technically. Will a 6m spur cable replace a RS150 GPS cable? I read that they could be used interchangeably due to a person chafing the supplied GPS cable when running them through a tower. I thought the provided GPS cable was different than a spur cable?

Thank you for the technical expertise.
04-07-20, 07:25 AM
Sea Tiger,

Q1. Will a 6m spur cable replace a RS150 GPS cable?
A1. Yes

Q2. I thought the provided GPS cable was different than a spur cable?
A2. Negative.