Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Gps problems
04-29-20, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 03:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Gps problems
Hi everyone hopefully someone can help!! I have a pathfinder RL70C plotter /radar and can't get any gps signal from the rs130 GPS ariel or by nmea connections from my eclipse gps vhf which is getting a GPS signal. I have tried a seatalk converter between the rs130 and the plotter and no idea what I'm doing wrong?. Do I need to have a st70 or something connected for the gps to show on the plotter?. I also have a raymarine junction box but can't find the wiring diagram if I was to cut the white plug off so I can connect with it
Any help gratefully received I have been trying to get my head round this issue for days
Randolph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-20, 07:42 AM
RE: [DG11] Gps problems
Hi Randolph,
Thankyou for your enquiry.

The RL70C will only accept SeaTalk or NMEA0183, it will not accept Stng or NMEA2000.

Your options are to convert the GPS data to NMEA0183 and connect that into the NMEA input to the RL70C, or convert the position data to SeaTalk through a STng to SeaTalk converter.

The RS130 is STng and this will need to be converted to SeaTalk through an E22158 STng to SeaTalk converter. please refer to the FAQ shown here for more details on how to use the converter.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply