Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Repair of Autohelm 2000 help needed
04-29-20, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 10:51 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Repair of Autohelm 2000 help needed
Has anyone replaced the ball bearings in their tiller auto pilot?
I have a old AH2000. The unit with the separate ram and control box.

I am looking for some guidance on how to reinsert the ball bearings into the unit.

Specifically, how to remove the brass bushing from the ram tube that controls the tiller. The recirculating ball bearings need to be reinserted into the threads of that brass bushing as the threaded rod is screwed into it. I believe that brass bushing must be detached from the ram tube in order to accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
marty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-20, 10:59 PM
RE: Repair of Autohelm 2000 help needed
Hello Marty,

I'm sorry to say that here at Raymarine aren't able to help you with that. Our own service workshop don't attempt repairs to that level on the drive modules in current ST2000+ pilots, let alone an AH2000 that would be something like 30 years old. They replace drive modules complete as the most pragmatic and economic solution to drives which generally wear in many components together. We can't do that on an AH2000 though as the drive modules themselves haven't been available for many years.

Possibly another Forum user can offer the benefit of their experience, but from our point of view I think that that AH2000's had a good life but it's probably time to retire and replace it.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply