Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11]Autopilot cancels course
04-30-20, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-20 10:40 AM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11]Autopilot cancels course
Hi all,

Every now and again my axiom/autopilot says course finished when its not. Happens intermittently. Happens in both goto... and on a routed course.

All ray marine instruments Axioms x 2, Autopilot, Radar, CP570, HS5, and Seatalk(ng), are on an isolated power supply set at 13.8 volts. Very clean power. nothing else on the Seatalk network except a nmea Yacht devices isolated droper to droper interface to connect rest of boat NEMA2000 backbone. ETEC, Guages, ETC.

Not sure is its related but on power up, master home page screen options wont respond. I use slave axiom to go to change to guest profile then back to skipper and it comes alive again.

I have Navionics card in Master, no other sd cards,

Version v3.11.42

any ideas...

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-20, 01:51 AM
RE: [TG11]Autopilot cancels course
Hello Finatic2017,

In a simple system as you describe, I think the most likely cause is that you have marginal GPS fix quality and that the system is occasionally and momentarily losing GPS fix. When GPS fix is lost, any active route/waypoint navigation is cancelled because of course we can't give any navigation data if we don't know where the boat is.

I would suggest running through this FAQ that I wrote to help understand the reasons for such problems and diagnose the cause in your instance. If, of course, you've got a good quality and reliable GPS fix then come back to me and we'll go to the next step (I'd get you to record NMEA2000 traffic on your MFD whilst navigating so that we can follow what happens leading up to the alarm.)

Regarding the other issue, that's not something I have come across before. It's the sort of thing I would expect to see if you had different versions on the two displays (are they both definitely running 3.11?), or if they are, then I'd consider backing up your data and settings (in Home > My Data > Import/Export) and doing a reset.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply