Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Using non-Raymarine rudder reference
05-06-20, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-20 09:00 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Using non-Raymarine rudder reference
The system we are retro-fitting on a 30m long vessel includes EV-1 heading sensor, ACU 300 and P70Rs controller. A rudder reference unit was also provided with the purchase , however there is a rudder reference already fitted to the boat that supplies a signal to different driving positions (wheelhouse and fly-bridge). This rudder feedback has a 1000ohm range compared to the 5000ohm range of the Raymarine product. Is the ACU smart enough to handle the different reference signal to prevent me having to run 30m of signal cable from the steering flat to the wheelhouse? I don’t want to lose the signal to the installed rudder angle indicators otherwise I’d use the original cable and install the new rudder reference. Cam.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 09:02 AM
RE: [DG11] Using non-Raymarine rudder reference
Hi Cam,

Thank you for your enquiry,

I am afraid that the correct format of resistance for the feedback unit is required by the ACU, the Analogue input of the correct value is essential and the ACU cannot identify alternative resistance values. A second cable will need to be run to the ACU to provide the correct feedback.

regards

Derek
05-08-20, 08:42 AM
RE: [DG11] Using non-Raymarine rudder reference
Hi Derek,

Looks like some time in the bilge for me then! Thanks for the information.

Cam