Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges
05-13-20, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-20 10:27 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges
Hello,

I have recently setup a NEMA2000 gateway so I can capture data from our EVO-1 autopilot. The autopilot is outputting nagivation.attitude PGN (127257) for yaw, pitch, and roll. The values seeing in basic testing at the dock in some light chop are showing under a 1.0 value for all three attributes.

My question what is the data range for this PGN as I would like to translate this to degrees. Because actual range can be measured in 360 degrees I would need to understand the max/min for the PGN and the neutral reference point.

The example would be for say roll. If the boat rolls 10 degrees port than to 0 degrees roll than 10 degrees to starboard what would those values look like.

Cheers and thanks for making the data available out of the EVO-1

Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-20, 10:37 PM
RE: [TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges
Hello scurvydog,

Since this isn't a Raymarine-specific thing but a message that's defined within the copyrighted NMEA2000 specification I am sorry to say that we can't help you reverse-engineer that standard, but as a hint - other people have already done this. The answer to your question is online if you look for it.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply