Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning for EV-1 Pilot and ST1 Conversion
05-20-20, 01:02 PM
Planning for EV-1 Pilot and ST1 Conversion
Hello.

Our 30-foot sailing vessel currently has ST60 and ST60+ Speed instruments.

We are planning to add an EV-1 autopilot with SeaTalkng and have purchased most or all components.

Goals are as follows:

1. Install new autopilot (Upgrading from an X10 wheel pilot) and SeaTalkng backbone.
2. Connect legacy ST60 instruments using ST to STng conversion kit.
3. Minimize or eliminate wiring runs between decks.
4. Set the table to eventually upgrade ST60 instrument with new SeaTalkng compatible instruments.

Assumptions:

(1) We are aware that an iTC-5 would eliminate wiring runs for depth and wind transducers to the helm and are considering that option.

(2) It seems that upgrading the the S60 instruments would be a simply case of daisy chaining from the P70 pilot controller.

I've studied all relevant manuals and attached a detailed schematic to share. This forum has helped me go from totally confused to "I think I got it"

I don't have an specific questions, but would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Jim J
Lorain, OH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-20, 09:06 AM
RE: Planning for EV-1 Pilot and ST1 Conversion
Hello Jim,

(1) We are aware that an iTC-5 would eliminate wiring runs for depth and wind transducers to the helm and are considering that option.
A-This is correct and part of the design of the itc-5.

(2) It seems that upgrading the the ST60 instruments would be a simply case of daisy chaining from the P70 pilot controller.
A-This is correct.

I've studied all relevant manuals and attached a detailed schematic to share. This forum has helped me go from totally confused to "I think I got it"

I don't have an specific questions, but would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

I would also recommend watching our webinar series going on. Here is the link, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...L6xFPudleP

The Autopilot technology and just for sailors will apply in this case.

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply