Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Nmea2000 temps available
06-04-20, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-20 01:41 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Nmea2000 temps available
I have a axiom pro with water temp data being provided by my sonar device. I just installed a yacht devices ydtc temperature probe to measure my engine room temperature. I configured the ydtc to output PGN 130311 with data type 3 (engine room temp). I can see the ydtc temp on the NMEA 2000 network but it’s not available on my axiom pro to insert as a page overlay. I followed up with yacht devices and they told me raymarine only supports water temp and air temp so my engine room probe will need to be configured as data type 1. I haven’t gotten to the boat to reconfigure but will assume this will work.

I’d like to add a yacht devices NMEA 2000 exhaust gas temp probe but if the raymarine can only support 2 temperatures I’m not sure if this is possible. Is it possible to have additional temperatures on the NMEA 2000 displayed on the axiom pro besides water and air temp?

If more temps can be displayed I could see adding refrigerator temp probes, live bait well, etc. surely raymarine shouldn’t limit to 2 temps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-20, 02:03 AM
RE: [TG11] Nmea2000 temps available
Hello Wdeertz,

At the present time our displays' software only receives and displays (sea)water temperature or outside air temp from 130310 or 130311, the engine temperatures available in 127489 and transmission temps in 127493. We have an outstanding feature request to add support for engine EGT through the current recommended message 130316 (I have added your feedback to this request) but right now, the only way to get further temperature readings would be through custom (digital switching) graphics as described here. Without extra digital switching hardware it is currently possible to receive and display data from 130312 but not 130311 (the NMEA2000 message specifications regarding temperatures and environmental PGNs has changed several times and as a manufacturer, it's hard to keep up...)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply