Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha interface to Raymarine Axiom Pro RVX
06-07-20, 09:40 PM
Yamaha interface to Raymarine Axiom Pro RVX
I have read all the Raymarine information and Yamaha documents I can find.

I would like to connect and monitor my 2015 Yamaha F200 via a Axiom pro RVX. My vessel is 21 feet all gauges and display within 6-12 inches of each other and does not have command link or command link plus.
I do have Raymarine Seatalk NG.

So far the Axiom Pro does everything and more than I have needed however I am finding the connection of the Yamaha to the Axiom pro an issue. Who ever I talk to (Yamaha or Raymarine) Keep telling me I need both of the systems to connect or they tell me to talk to the other manufacture.

All documents I can find state about connecting the Yamaha to Raymarine use the "ECI-100 to connect to Yamaha command link or Command link Plus".

As I do not understand why Raymarine finds it nessecary to connect a Parallel Yamaha NMEA 2000 Network to the Raymarine Seatalk NG ( NMEA 2000) Network. It is kind of lost in having 2 NMEA 2000s networks, one is kind of extra for no reason. But costs the consumer.
As other suppliers, like Lowrance/Simrad Connect the Yamaha Directly to the Lowrance NMEA 2000 via 1 cable Yamaha Engine Interface Cable for NMEA2000SKU: 000-0120-37 Yamaha Engine Interface Cable which connects to the Lowarance NMEA 2000 system. I believe Hummingbird also does the same.

Is there a way with Raymarine to connect a 2015 F200 to the Axiom Pro with Out the Command link or Command Link Plus and receive engine data on the Axiom Pro NMEA 2000 network?

If so can you please provide part numbers for this to be completed.

Thank you for the Assistance.

Lance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-20, 09:52 AM
RE: Yamaha interface to Raymarine Axiom Pro RVX
Hello lwilson,

In this case it would want at least one gateway connecting the F200 to the Axiom.

Does your engine have the ability to output NMEA2000 or J1939? Not all engines do so this needs to be checked first,

If you do you can fit either a ECI-100 or a Yamaha NMEA2000 gateway,

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply