Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Extension Cable
06-20-16, 03:00 PM
Radar Extension Cable
Hi,
I installed the RD418HD Color Radome Radar. It is the 18 inch radome radar that is HD and color. I need a 5m extension cable for this system to get the radar input to my C97 MFD. I think the extension cable needed for this is the A55080D. Can you verify that this is the proper extension cable for this radar? If this is not the correct cable, could you help me identify the right one?

Thanks for the help,

Gary Green
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-16, 03:05 PM
RE: Radar Extension Cable
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gary,

The part number for the required 5m Digital Radar Cable Extension is A55080D. Digital Radar Extension cables are designed to be installed between the radome or open array pedestal and the Digital Radar Cable.
07-05-16, 01:26 PM
Hi,
I just received the A55080D extension cable for my radar. It is not the correct cable. The A55080D has 6 pins with two being large like they might be power pins. The cable I need has 10 very small pins. The back of the C97 MFD is marked "Network" (there are two "Network" inputs, with 10 small pins), where the radar cable is supposed to connect. The cable that came with my radar has a separate power cable from the "Network" cable.

Please let me know what cable extension to get for this application.

Thanks,

Gary Green
07-05-16, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-16 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Gary,

Digital Radar Extension Cables are not designed to be interfaced to a MFD. Digital Radar Extension Cables are designed to be installed between the radome/open array pedestal and the Digital Radar Cable. The Digital Radar Cable's RayNet (F) plug will then be interfaced the Ethernet Network (RayNet (M)) socket or the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch (if a switch has been installed within the system). Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to add radar features to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
07-05-16, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-16 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, I get it now. If I understand correctly, the A55080D cable must be installed from the connector on the radar to the 10m cable that came with the radar. The 10m cable that came with the radar will plug into the C97 MFD. Is my understanding correct?
07-05-16, 02:13 PM
Gary,

Q: OK, I get it now. If I understand correctly, the A55080D cable must be installed from the connector on the radar to the 10m cable that came with the radar. The 10m cable that came with the radar will plug into the C97 MFD. Is my understanding correct?
A: Yes.
07-05-16, 06:49 PM
Thanks and sorry for my midunderstanding. I did not read your first response closely enough.
07-06-16, 07:39 AM
You're welcome.