Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 4 questions...
08-11-16, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-16 10:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dragonfly 4 questions...
Dragonfly 4 Pro Gold purchased about 24 months ago roughly.

Simple stuff - my downvision never looks like the advertised, it just looks like sonar - wondered if you have any insights. Could I have a bad transducer or the wrong one?

I saw a picture of an ipad using wifish with the chart on it, but mine ipad only options the sonar or downvision. Any thoughts?

My bracket for my transducer got broken by the shrink wrap crew, but the transducer is fine. I can't find anyplace to order it online. Will I have to buy the entire ducer? Which one does the Dragonfly 4 use?

What is the difference between the wifish unit and the dragonfly 4?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-16, 11:07 AM
RE: Dragonfly 4 questions...
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum fallguy1000,

Q1. my downvision never looks like the advertised, it just looks like sonar - wondered if you have any insights. Could I have a bad transducer or the wrong one?
A1. The DownVision imaging should be expected to be similar, but sharper than the CHIRP (conical) sonar image. As a picture is worth a thousand words when addressing/understanding subjective items such as the image, it is recommended that the display be configured to display CHIRP (conical) sonar and DownVision simultaneously, that a screen capture then be commanded, and that the captured image then be attached to this thread for further analysis.

Q2. I saw a picture of an ipad using wifish with the chart on it, but mine ipad only options the sonar or downvision. Any thoughts?
A2. The WiFish app only support displaying CHIRP (conical) sonar and DownVision sonar imagery. It does not support repeating the Chart application as do the RayView, RayControl, and RayRemote apps designed for use with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs ... which also support displaying CHIRP (conical) sonar and DownVision sonar imagery. I suspect that you may be been looking at photos of the Navionics Boating app running on a mobile device ... which also supports displaying sonar imagery from Wi-Fi equipped Dragonfly displays.

Q3. My bracket for my transducer got broken by the shrink wrap crew, but the transducer is fine. I can't find anyplace to order it online. Will I have to buy the entire ducer? Which one does the Dragonfly 4 use?
A3. Should you send me a private message with your shipping information, I'll arrange to send you a replacement bracket.

Q4. What is the difference between the wifish unit and the dragonfly 4?
A4. From a fishfinding standpoint, the WiFish hardware only supports DownVision sonar imaging. As the WiFish does not feature a display screen, it's processed sonar imagery must be viewed using a mobile device running the WiFish app.
08-15-16, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck - I used the downvision this weekend after doing the software update from original for the first time and it works completely different. I don't know if the software changes had a downvision change or what, but it is really totally different now and pretty neat, too! There is nothing more to do, but learn how to use it.
08-16-16, 09:03 AM
You're welcome.