My Raymarine system consists of:
• E125 MFD - V17.45-00403
• I70 (x4) – V3.05
• RS130 GPS – V2.20
• Ray 260 VHF – V2.030
• P70 – V3.05
• ACU-200 – V2.17 RSCP V1L4
• EV-1 – V2.17 RSCP V1L4
• Color HD Radar – V4.27 (not powered at time)

The boat position on the chart display stopped updating. The actual position was off by about 1/4 nm. The position source for the E125 was the internal GPS. The boat was following a route at the time of the incident. Zooming in/out and panning the chart display did not correct the problem. It was finally corrected by going back to the Home Screen and then to Chart Display. The boat position then displayed correctly and resumed updating.
I had noticed this behavior several times on an earlier version of the firmware (maybe V13 or V14) and never observed it on V15. This was reported on an earlier forum post which I can't find. I believe that on one of the times the problem was noted, the RS-130 was used for position input. This is the first time I have noted the problem on V17 of the firmware. The earlier occurrences were very infrequent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-16, 01:12 PM
RE: E125 Boat Position Display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ron,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In systems featuring a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor, this GPS data source will typically be designated as the system's GPS data source because it will typically be installed in the best location onboard the vessel (typically better than that of the MFD) to receive GPS signal. If considering to use the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor as the system's GPS data source, then it is recommended that the installation location of the GPS sensor afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and that the MFD's Data Sources for GPS selection be configured to MAN and that the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor then be selected as the system's GPS data source. If considering to user the e125 MFD's internal GPS sensor as the system's GPS sensor, then it is recommended that the installation location of the MFD afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and that the MFD's Data Sources for GPS selection be configured to MAN and that the e125 MFD then be selected as the system's GPS data source.
10-04-16, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-16 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. The behavior was noted at different times with either the MFD internal or RS 130 selected for the GPS data source. Both have a clear view of the overhead skies. As reported in the original post, the position stopped updating and ended up about 1/4 mile off. The boat position display immediately displayed correctly when going from Chart to Home and back to the Chart screen. The frequency of occurrence is rare. The next time it occurs, I'll display the position on one of my I70's to see if that changes. This won't happen until next summer.
10-04-16, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-16 02:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ron,

I would recommend configuring the MFD's internal GPS sensor to OFF next season and then see if the problem persists. Should the problem be observed when the MFD's internal GPS sensor is OFF, then it would be recommended that a screen snapshot of the screen, actual vessel coordinates from another GPS source (ex. hand held GPS) and diagnostic files to additionally include a minute or so of SeaTalkng buffer logging at the time that the failure is present within the system.
10-04-16, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-16 02:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK. Let me see what I can do next season.
10-04-16, 02:01 PM
Noted.