Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST50 Wind Display Testing Procedure
11-22-16, 11:46 PM
ST50 Wind Display Testing Procedure
Hello -

My ST50 wind display is not responding to wind direction.

I've tested my masthead unit per the instructions and it looks correct.

Is there a testing procedure for the display unit?

Ideally I'd like to modulate the voltage on the green and blue leads to confirm the wind indicator is pointing where it should.

Also, is there a procedure for erasing any previous calibration settings?

Thanks
- Jordan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-16, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-16 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ST50 Wind Display Testing Procedure
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jordan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The procedure for testing a ST50 Masthead Wind Transducer is the same as that specified for the masthead transducer which has been designed for use with Raymarine's iTC-5, i60 Wind Instrument, and ST60 Wind Instrument products. Unfortunately, should the ST50 wind transducer or the ST50 Wind Instrument have been determined to have suffered a failure, then both the wind transducer and wind instrument would need to be replaced, as
- ST50 wind transducers are not compatible with Raymarine's iTC-5 or i60 Wind Instrument
- ST50 instrument displays are not compatible with Raymarine's currently manufactured E22078 and E22079 wind transducers.

Raymarine has not designed a test for the ST50 Wind Instruments, as these instruments would have typically been tested with a transducer which was known to be operational.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply