Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing the SD card
02-01-17, 11:00 AM
Replacing the SD card
Hi fellows I am writing from Argentina, I bought a Raymarine Dragonfly 7 pro with C Map SD Cards and I wondered how can I use an high capacity SD card in order to preserve the original one as well as being able to store pictures while I do navigate and fishing.
I have tried different methods and I was not able to succeed. When I remove the original card all detailed data of the map disappear from the display …. There is any procedure to be able to perform such change and navigate having all detailed information and maps together within a SD card of 32 Gb?
Thank in advance and best regard,
Eduardo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-17, 12:10 PM
RE: Replacing the SD card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eduardo,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
02-01-17, 12:54 PM
Chuck, thanks a lot for your prompt answer and as I understand there is no possible to capture pictures and map details… therefore there is any way to create a backup of the original SD card in order to prevent accidentally damages?
Best regards and thanks in advance
Eduardo
02-01-17, 01:30 PM
Eduardo,

You may want check with C-Map regarding backing up the chart card's contents to a computer. While I am certain that these files may not be copied to a different microSD memory card and then utilized by the chartplotting product, it may be possible for them to be saved back to the original chart card.
02-01-17, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-17 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great Chuck, I will contact Cmap people to ask about.
best regards and thanks
Eduardo
02-02-17, 10:24 AM
You're welcome.