Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] RayView and RayRemote
05-17-17, 11:16 AM
RE: RayView and RayRemote
Any update (sic) on this? I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy 7 Edge.

An update to the app to get back where we were is an obvious priority.

I'd also like to know what are Raymarine's plans for the future of Rayremote. There haven't been feature updates of late and I'd be really excited to see improvements in the control function on smaller (phone) devices. As it is, it's a great viewer but navigating the my A95s functions with my phone is next to impossible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-17, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Raymarine has not yet announced a schedule for the released of updates to the Raymarine Mobile Apps to address the incompatibility issues which have been reported with mobile devices running the Android operating system. That said, this issue has been logged as a high priority. Changes to these apps are expected to be limited the specified incompatibility issues. Raymarine has also logged creation of mobile apps for its MFDs which are or will be running LightHouse 3 software. Any new features would likely be rolled into mobile apps for the latter.
07-31-17, 02:51 PM
Ditto. Neither of the Raymarine apps work on my Google Pixel, or my Samsung Tab S2.
07-31-17, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-17 03:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
All,

Thanks for your patience. The updated Raymarine Mobile apps adding support for mobile devices running the Android 7 operating system and for the Axiom MFDs should be available to be downloaded from the Google Play Store and Apple Store within a week of this posting. These apps will be applicable to a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software update and for Axiom MFDs which have been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.1.96 or later software.
08-10-17, 12:46 PM
The new updates have fixed the problem. Thank you!
02-13-18, 07:22 PM
I just updated my Axiom 12 with the latest 3.3.170 software.

I have dowloaded both the Rayview and RayRemote from the Google Play Store on my Google Pixel2 that is updated to Android 8.1.0 and my Samsung S7 updated to Android 7.0.

Both apps work on the Samsung S7 but don't work on the Pixel2.

Any plan to fix this for the Pixel2?
02-14-18, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-18 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] RayView and RayRemote
SalishMermaid,

We're sorry to learn that the Raymarine Mobile Apps unable to be used on your Google Pixel2. Please provide some detail regarding the nature of the failure (ex. When the RayView app is run on my Google Pixel2, it crashes; When the RayRemote app is run on my Google Pixel2, it is unable to communicate with my Axiom 12 MFD (v3.3.170), etc.). In the case of the latter example, closing the app and then executing the app a second time is sometimes necessary.