Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] S100 Remote Control With EV-200
04-14-18, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] S100 Remote Control With EV-200
I am installing a S100 Remote to my new EV 400 Auto pilot system. I also have a new eS170 MFD.

I have installed the base station. I have routed the base station plug to a D244 3-pin block. Then from the middle connector on the block I have connected an A06047 to the SeaTalk (white) network. When I power the S100 up it searches for the network then I get "No Pilot" and when I push the standby button it says " Setup Unavailable." The antenna display on the unit reads 3 bars.

eS174 has Lighthouse II as I am running it with a C97.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-18, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

As the S100's base station exclusively supports SeaTalk communications, it cannot be interfaced as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone. Instead, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit must be installed within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would then be connected to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block, which in turn would be interfaced to the S100's base station.
04-16-18, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck.

To power this converter section, is it acceptable to use a backbone (blue) jumper from a 5-way connector?

It would be helpful if the install instructions addressed this issue.

Thanks again Chuck.

Tom and Kay
04-16-18, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

Interfacing the base station of a S100 or SmartController is no different from that of any other compatible device having a SeaTalk communications which will be interfaced to a SeaTalkng backbone. In fact, the diagram with the SeaTalkng Connections web page (see the link provided within my last response) shows an autopilot wireless remote base station along with other devices having a SeaTalk communications interface being interfaced to and powered by the SeaTalkng backbone ... the autopilot course computer shown within this diagram is powering the SeaTalkng backbone. Should the vessel already feature a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be powered by currently installed backbone. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be added to the system by either:
option 1) replacing on of the backbone's T-Pieces, 5-Way Connectors, or Inline Terminators with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter
option 2) joining the backbone socket (blue) of SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the one of the current backbone's two end sockets which presently have a SeaTalkng Termination Plug installed within the socket. The removed SeaTalkng Termination Plug will then be placed into the remaining backbone (blue) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
04-16-18, 04:33 PM
Thanks Chuck. Installed converter kit and my S-100 is now working.

Tom and Kay
04-17-18, 08:01 AM
You're welcome.