Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine EV100/150
05-05-17, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-17 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Raymarine EV100/150
Q1. A 12" touch with buttons MFD Screen with N.America Navionics (Need a part number). Both standard 50/200 transducer and Chirp/ Downvison sonar.

A1. Should this be the case, then
- E70284-NAG eS127 12.1" MFD 600W SONAR - N AMER NAVIONICS+
- E70205 CP100 DownVision Fishfinder and Transom Mount CPT-100 Depth & Temp CHIRP Transducer Pack
- an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable to interface the MFD to the CP100

Q2. I understand the EV150 comes with a starter kit but if any other components are needed given what I have listed above please suggest.

A2. Did you click on the link to the FAQ provided within my previous response addressing how to add spur sockets to the SeaTalkng backbone to permit additional devices (i.e. the MFD) to the backbone. In short you will need an additional SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to interface T-Piece or 5-Way Connector to the backbone created for the autopilot. You will additionally need an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable to connect the MFD's SeaTalkng spur socket to the spur socket of the aforementioned SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-17, 03:42 PM
Chuck, I am getting close to finally ordering my gear and doing some preliminary wiring. I think I have the Raymarine seatalkng wiring figured out. Can you verify if my attached drawing is correct?

All I will have is a MFD, autopilot and down vision transducer.
08-18-17, 08:09 PM
Chuck, I am getting close to finally purchasing my equipment. Running some preliminary wiring while doing other work. Can you take a look my attached diagram and tell me if I have it laid out correctly?
08-21-17, 08:14 AM
Hooksdj,

Your wiring diagram is not quite correct and is incomplete with respect to some missing autopilot components. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be created. The backbone will need to have sufficient spur sockets to accommodate interfacing the MFD, p70S, ACU-150, EV-1 CCU, and SeaTalkng Power Cable each as spurs to the SeaTalkng backbone. The CP100 is not designed to be interfaced to a SeaTalkng backbone. Instead the CP100 will be interfaced to one of the MFD's Ethernet Network sockets via an will need to be interfaced to the MFD via an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.