Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 c125 bundled charts
05-18-17, 10:34 AM
2014 c125 bundled charts
Does my MFD charts included when I bought this new in 2014 include the State of Alaska or do I need to buy the Lighthouse or Navionics charts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-17, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-17 11:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 2014 c125 bundled charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kwesche,

Please click here to view related FAQ. Raymarine produced its a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs with and without bundled charts. The Navionics cartography included within the bundles has changed several time thoughout the years. If bundled with a Navionics+ card, it is possible that it may have been necessary for the operator to use a PC to populate the card with Navionics charts via the Navionics Chart Installer program. Navionics+ chart cards currently bundled with Raymarine MFDs are pre-loaded with cartography for US and Canada. LightHouse Charts NOAA US Vectors have always included cartography for Alaskan waters. The only way to be certain of the coverage supported by the chart card is to put it into an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, configure the MFD's Chart application to display the type of cartography corresponding that stored on the chart card, and then attempt to view detailed cartography within the areas in question. Should the chart card not provide detailed cartography for the waters to be Navigated and be a Navionics+ chart card, then the chart card will need to be re-populated with cartography for Alaskan water via the Navionics Chart Installer PC program and the Navionics Freshest Data Updates subscription service. Alternatively, a Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum+ chart card providing coverage for Alaskan waters may be purchased from an authorized Navionics dealer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply