Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dock to dock on axiom 7
05-18-17, 08:35 PM
Dock to dock on axiom 7
Just unpacked my new axiom 7 and I cannot get the dock to dock to work. Does this unit support it ? I want a chartplotter that does support this feature and it's the only reason I'm buying a new one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-17, 10:30 AM
RE: Dock to dock on axiom 7
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chapstick,

The initial release of LightHouse 3 software does not support Navionics Freshest Data Update subscription status notifications, Dock-To-Dock Autorouting, Find Nearest, Navionics Plotter Sync via the Navionics Boating app, Tide/Current graphs (current tide height and current direction/speed will be reported), 3D Chart mode, sonar logging, and SonarChart Live features. It is expected that these features will be included within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Dock-To-Dock Autorouting is among the list of highest priority features to be added to the Axiom feature set. As with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which had preceded the Axiom MFDs, Raymarine is intending to release software updates for the Axiom MFDs approximately three to four times per year to add new features to the Axiom MFDs.

Should someone be shopping for a new Raymarine MFD and have an immediate need for any of the above listed features, then it would be recommended that an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD be purchased.
06-18-17, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 07:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Any idea when dock to dock will became available to Axiom users?
Is there an easy way to know when there is a software update for my Axiom?

Thanks,
06-20-17, 07:30 AM
Stan,

As indicated above, Navionics Dock to Dock autorouting has been prioritized very high among the LightHouse II features to be migrated into LightHouse 3 software. The latest Axiom software updates, including a history of changes included within each update, may be found here. It is recommended that customers monitor the Axiom MFD Software Update web page for software update announcements. Additionally, when downloading software updates, a dialog is displayed which will permit customers to be notified of software updates. It is recommended that customers elect to receive such notifications.
06-20-17, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck.
I'm trying to update it using the Axiom itself and not a SD card and it says I have the latest software. Is it OK to update it this way?
06-20-17, 08:07 AM
Stan,

Axiom MFDs may be interfaced via Wi-Fi or via a microSD memory card as indicated within the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions.