Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic MFD MicroSD to CF adapters?
05-30-17, 02:54 PM
Classic MFD MicroSD to CF adapters?
I hope someone can help.

My boat has a Classic C80 MFD. It uses a CF (Compact Flash) card for charts.

All the newer MFDs seem to use microSD cards.

I see Raymarine used to sell a MicroSD to CF adapter (or would it be a CF to MicroSD adapter? :), however this has long been discontinued.

There are a lot of these CF to MicroSD adapters available on the market via Amazon or eBay, etc.

Can someone tell me if there are any important specifications on this adapter so I can purchase a generic brand since the Raymarine version is no longer sold?

I'd like to get an updated chart on a MicroSD card (probably the Navionics+), as the CF versions are hard to find.

Thanks for any advice on which CF to MicroSD adapter will work on the C80! (yes I know this is old technology)!

Regards,
Rich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-17, 03:12 PM
RE: Classic MFD MicroSD to CF adapters?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rich,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. This adapter featured proprietary firmware to access hidden data stored on the Navionics chart card. Unfortunately, third party CF to microSD adapter are not supported for use with Raymarine MFDs. Should you be unable to locate a Raymarine Cartography Adapter, then it would be recommended that Navionics be contacted to identify a dealer who may provide you with Navionics cartography stored upon CF memory cards.
05-31-17, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-17 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I was afraid that this would be the answer! Thanks for the quick reply!
05-31-17, 08:53 AM
You're welcome.