Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
purchasing equipment and networking
05-31-17, 10:32 AM
purchasing equipment and networking
Hi there, I am in the process of purchasing new electronics for my new boat. I am planning on installing an axiom E70366-00-NAG and axiom E70367-00-NAG with an RV200 transducer . Also will be installing a Quantum Q24W radar. My radio will be a lowrance link-8 VHF/AIS which has NMEA2000 port. I will also be looking to connect my Yamaha F200XB via NMEA2000. From what I have researched the axioms can be networked to each other via Ethernet cable. The radar will be WiFi. and the RV200 is connected directly to the master axiom 9. My question is what is the easiest way of networking of the remaining components? It seems that SeaTalk NG and NMEA2000 do not communicate directly without the use of an adapter ? or is the axiom 9 able to do both without any adapters ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-17, 12:49 PM
RE: purchasing equipment and networking
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cmox51,

Q1: The RV200 is connected directly to the master axiom 9
A1: This is not correct. The RV200 transducer must be connected to the transducer socket of an Axiom RV MFD. This MFD may be the system's Data Master MFD or a non-Data Master MFD.

A Raymarine ECI-100 Engine Gateway will need to be installed within the backbone to accommodate interfacing the Yamaha engine system to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

The Data Master MFD, ECI-100, and third party VHF/AIS will each be SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices are not designed to be directly interfaced to one another. Instead, they are designed to be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Choice of whether to use Raymarine SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 networking components to construct the backbone is up to the owner or installer. However, it is generally recommended that networking components single manufacturer be used within a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. As the NMEA 2000 spur cable of Axiom MFDs is terminated with a DeviceNet (F) plug, an A06045 15.7in (0.4m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter or A06075 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter will be is used to interface the Data Master MFD to the SeaTalkng backbone.
06-02-17, 12:24 PM
Thank you for that information. After another conversation the RV200 transducer will not work for me. In reference to the RV100 where is the side vision beam emitted from in relation to fore / aft part of the transducer?
06-02-17, 12:30 PM
cmox51,

The CHIRP (conical) sonar elements are housed within the forward third of the RealVision transducer's length, and the SideVision/DownVision transducer elements are housed within the aft two thirds of the RealVision transducer's length.
06-09-17, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-17 10:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Is it possible that the side vision part of the transducer will be obstructed by the lower unit of my.outboard then ?
06-09-17, 10:34 AM
cmox51,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.