Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion MFDs
03-09-16, 02:32 PM
Companion MFDs
My main MFD is an E95. I just purchased an ES75 and have connected it to the E95 via a raytec cable. All data, waypoints, etc from the E95 are displayed on the ES75. However, I thought my Navionics charts would transfer as well but they do not. I assume I need to purchase similar Navionics charts for the ES75?

Here is a what if: What if I purchased C-map charts for the ES75. Would the waypoints from the E95 still transfer? Would there be any problems having two different chart packages on the two units?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-16, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-16 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Companion MFDs
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dennis,

Raymarine MFDs are designed to share cartography from LightHouse, Navionics, and C-Map chart cards. As each of the Chart application page/panes capable of being displayed by the MFD are designed to be individually configurable with respect to the type of cartography (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION), orientation of the cartography, overlays, objects display, etc. care must be taken to ensure that each Chart application page/pane has been configured to display the desired type of cartography and that a chart card containing this same type of cartography is present within the reader of one of the system's MFDs. It is possible for the Chart applications within these MFDs to simultaneously support any of all of the supported types of cartography.

As Raymarine does not offer a type of cable having the product name raytech cable, it is recommended that you verify that all of the following have been satisfied:
- the MFDs have been interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable
- the Data Master MFD has been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone (if one is installed onboard) via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable
- all MFDs have been updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update. For more information concerning how to check the version of software within your MFD, click here.
03-10-16, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-16 11:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I meant RayNet.
All data is shared as indicated. So if I have no charts in the companion MFD my charts from the other MFD should show up?
Or should I put the LightHouse chip in the MFD then the navionics from my other MFD will show up?

Sorry but I was not clear what you are telling me. With no chip in the companion MFD I get nothing. I was told at the Miami Boat Show by the Raymarine staff that I did not need to purchase any charts because my navionics from my E95 would be seen on the companion ES75
03-10-16, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-16 01:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dennis,

Q1) So if I have no charts in the companion MFD my charts from the other MFD should show up?
A1) If you have configured the Chart pages/panes within the companion MFD to display select the same type of charts programmed onto the chart card within the other MFD (this MFD must be powered ON), then the companion MFD should indeed be capable of displaying charts from the other MFD.

Q2) Or should I put the LightHouse chip in the MFD then the navionics from my other MFD will show up?
A2) The c/e/eS-Series MFDs each have two microSD memory card reader slots. The chart cards may be inserted within the reader of either MFD or one (or two) may be inserted within the reader of each MFD. Again, cartography will be shared between the MFD's if,
- the criteria specified within my prior response have been satisfied, and
- both MFDs are switched ON, and
- the Chart application pages/panes of each MFD have been configured to show the one of the types of cartography which are within the microSD memory card readers of the MFDs.
03-11-16, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-16 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I apologize. I have been so busy I did not focus on what you were telling me. I went to the boat this morning and selected the chart as you described and all is working. Thanks.
03-11-16, 09:36 AM
You're welcome.