Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation of 19.03 on e97 fails
06-09-17, 05:03 PM
Installation of 19.03 on e97 fails
I've tried twice to install 19.03 on my e97, and both times I've gotten a validation error for the rayatom_upgrade 02 and 07 modules. I've downloaded and extracted the software twice, and even changed MicroSD cards. File date for 02 is 5 Apr 17 and for 07 is 7 Apr 17. Checked the md5sum on both and the sums did not match the .sig files (if that's what you're using). I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks.
- Mick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-17, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-17 12:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Installation of 19.03 on e97 fails
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mick,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Have you verified that the MFD's memory card reader is operational? If so, what version of software is presently installed within the MFD's memory?
06-13-17, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-17 08:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,
Yes the reader is functional, though I will go through the test you linked to when I get to the boat. I'm running 17.45 now. I've noticed with this release the MFD no longer boots the card. Instead, the after the MFD has booted the OS "finds" new software on the card (in this case 19.03) and asks if you want to update. It worked fine for the ST-STng adapter, but not for the new OS.

I have the software on a 16GB MicroSD card. If you think it would make a difference I can try loading it on a 2GB card. Is it supposed to boot the card directly? I figured the new updating method was a "feature."

Thanks.
- Mick
06-14-17, 08:50 AM
Lightbulb RE: Installation of 19.03 on e97 fails
Mick,

For the last several revisions of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software, the downloaded zip file have contained .iso files rather than the .pkg and autorun.[censored] files common to earlier MFD software updates. While the earlier the software update files only supported updating the MFD and compatible networked devices during the MFD's boot-up cycle, the .iso files permit the MFD's software to be updated from a fully booted MFD or from an unbooted MFD as they had in the past.

Today, I downloaded a/c/e/eS/gS-Series v19.03 from Raymarine's end user accessible web page and successfully updated a MFD's software using the downloaded files. It should indeed be possible to update to v19.03 from v17.45. You may want to consider:
- using the MFD's Wi-Fi communications interface (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK ONLINE FOR UPDATES) to check for and download updates
- trying another microSD memory card as you have suggested
- re-downloading the v19.03 software update

Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
06-14-17, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-17 07:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well, this is quite bizarre. I copied the same software that I had loaded on the 16GB card onto a 2GB card, and the install went off without a hitch. Up to the latest and greatest. I'm fairly sure that it's not a question of the 16GB card being bad, since I had the original problem with ANOTHER 16GB card.

Anyway, all's well Chuck. Thanks for your time. I'll do future updates with my 2GB card.

= Mick
06-15-17, 07:55 AM
You're welcome.