Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get engine data to my E7D?
08-19-16, 11:14 AM
RE: How to get engine data to my E7D?
tmoney316,

Q1: So, do you think I need to send in the e7D, ECI-100, and the SeaTalk 5 port backbone in for service?
A1: As indicated previously, your system appears to be properly interfaced. As your MFD is detecting the ECI-100 via it's Select Device List, its SeaTalkng communications interface appears to be functioning properly. From a Raymarine components standpoint, I can see no reason to send in any component other than the ECI-100 ... and I suspect that it is functioning properly as well ... leading me to believe that thee may be a problem on the Yamaha side.

Q2: Do you know if there is a Raymarine service technician in central Florida that I could just take my boat to and have them look at it, so I don't have to take everything out, package it up, and ship it?
A2: It is recommended that the following Certified Installer be contacted to assist in troubleshooting the problem. Before bringing the boat to any installer, it is recommended that the installer be queried regarding whether his/her tool kit included a NMEA 2000 CAN BUS analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/PC running Actisense NMEA Reader software, etc.), as they will need to interface the CAN bus analyzer to both the Yamaha and Raymarine backbone's to test for the presence of engine data to fault isolate the problem.

MARINE TECHNICAL SERVICES
2347 GREEN STREET
SOUTH DAYTONA, FL 32119
Phone:386-760-7185

Other Certified Raymarine Installers may be found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-16, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, thanks. I will call them & see if they have the required tools to check everything out. Thanks again for your time and help.
08-19-16, 12:06 PM
You're welcome.
08-25-16, 11:52 AM
I have an E127 that is interfaced via seatalkng>eci100>commandlink hub>>to the engines. 2 yamaha f225's.
The interface was reading engine data fine before I updated to the new V17 software.
the only thing I wasn't getting was engine temperature.
So I thought it might be a software issue.
After updating I now am only able to identify the port engine. And it comes up as the starboard on the display.
The starboard engine does not ID.
I know I'm getting data voltage to the yamaha bus hub from both engines.
Is there some known V17 issue that could be going on?
Or something else you might know about?
Thanks
08-25-16, 01:53 PM
Bhngh,

Have you correctly configured the Boat Details with the correct number of engines (HOME->CUSTOMIZE->BOAT DETAILS->NUM. OF ENGINES)? If so, have you afterwards used the MFD's Engines Set-up feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->ENGINES SET-UP) to correctly detect each of the system's engines?
08-25-16, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-16 03:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I haven't done the boat details-number of engines.
Only set-up-system settings..external devices-engine setup.....I'll do what you said. If you don't hear back from me....it worked. thanks
08-25-16, 03:20 PM
You're welcome.