Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es 75 MFD to be installed and upgrading older ST70 autopilot
03-11-16, 12:15 PM
es 75 MFD to be installed and upgrading older ST70 autopilot
Purchased new / es75 MFD. I have existing ST70 auto that has wiring to ST70 instuments via black/Blue wire, - in photo -
adding new i40 bidata instument (that only has sea talk flat 3 wire connection.
Attached is a photo of the existing wiring. What is needed to have the all three instruments together? What additional wiring will I need to have them display on the MFD?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-16, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-16 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: es 75 MFD to be installed and upgrading older ST70 autopilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tbeson,

The SeaTalkng spur port of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD is designed to be interfaced backbone spur socket of a SeaTalkng T-Piece, SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector, or SeaTalkng Inline Terminator via an appropriate length SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Unlike the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, ST70 Autopilot Control Heads, and ST70 Multifunction Instrument Displays, the i40 Instrument Displays feature a SeaTalk rather than a SeaTalkng communications interface. The i40 Instruments may be interfaced to a SeaTalkng backbone via an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. The SeaTalkng Converter may be interfaced to the currently installed backbone by connecting one of the Converter's blue backbone sockets to the blue backbone socket of a SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector within the presently installed SeaTalkng backbone networking your autopilot's components to one another.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply