Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60 depth
07-13-17, 07:52 AM
ST60 depth
My depth sounder, a ST60 Tridata will only display readings when the depth is ~10 feet or deeper. It starts to work when the depth reaches 10 and deeper and ceases when the depth goes less that 10 feet. Any idea why this happening??? It worked fine the last several seasons and just started this since this years launch. I have had to replace the speed transducer this year, could both transducers have failed over the winter???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-17, 12:49 PM
RE: ST60 depth
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Arcflash,

Has the depth instrument been configured to report depth below the transducer (i.e. 0 offset), depth below the keel (i.e. negative offset), or waterline depth (positive offset)?
07-23-17, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-17 09:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The instrument was se for a positive offset of ~1.5 feet.
I have changed the S/T transducer already seeing as it stopped working. I suspect there is an issue with this depth transducer as well. It is a one piece unit and cannot be changed until the boat is hauled.
07-24-17, 09:27 AM
Arcflash,

Should you be seeking an interim solution until the boat can be hauled, then the E26001-pz P79 In-Hull transducer should be considered. This option would be applicable should the hull be constructed of solid fiberglass and should it be less than 5/8" thick in the transducer's mounting location.