Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom/SPX 5
08-01-17, 02:39 PM
Axiom/SPX 5
Hi,
I have installed an Axiom 7 DV and have created a Seatalk NG backbone. The SPX 5 is also connected. They are communicating but very limited. I have no functionality between them. Track function will not work and the Axiom will not control my pilot. Axiom has been updated to latest.
Q1: If I update the SPX5 will they work together.
Q2: Since I am upgrading From Classic C series and the Axiom isnt capable of doing the update for the SPX. Will this soon be included so the Axiom is capable of doing updates over STNG?
Thanks!
Lighty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-17, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-17 01:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom/SPX 5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lighty,

In order for the Axiom MFDs to communicate with an SPX autopilot via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications, the SPX autopilot course computer must be updated with v3.05 software and that the ST70 autopilot control head must be updated with v3.04 software. While the currently available software for Axiom MFDs does not support updating software within SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 peripherals, this capability is currently scheduled for inclusion within the LightHouse 3 software update for Axiom MFDs currently scheduled for release in late Q3. Should one desire to update the software within the autopilot components prior to the release of Axiom MFD software supporting updates to legacy peripherals, then it would be recommended that the legacy peripherals be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer, brought to your Raymarine dealer (recommend prior contact with the dealer to verify that the dealer can perform this service), or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have the software of these devices updated.
08-02-17, 12:34 PM
Chuck,
Thanks for your reply.The control head is an ST6002. Look forward to the updates to the LH3.
08-02-17, 01:04 PM
Lighty,

There are no software updates which need be applied to the ST600x/ST700x/ST800x autopilot control heads to support use with the Axiom MFDs.
09-19-17, 07:15 AM
Chuck,
Will there be new files out to update SPX5 via Axiom STNG now that the latest update to LH3 enables updating peripherals?
Thanks,
Lighty
09-19-17, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-17 01:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Lighty,

As indicated within the Software History section of the Axiom MFDs LightHouse 3 (LH3) Software Update web page, the LH3 v3.2.86 software update added the "Ability to upgrade STng Peripherals" using "all STng ISO files currently online". Unfortunately, Raymarine has not yet added support for updating legacy STng peripherals which were not designed to be updated via ISO files (as are currently manufactured Raymarine devices featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface). Raymarine's program management will be reminded of needs for this capability for customer owning legacy STng peripherals. As indicated within my initial response to this thread, should one desire to update the software within the autopilot components prior to the release of Axiom MFD software supporting updates to legacy STng peripherals, then it would be recommended that those peripherals be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer, brought to your Raymarine dealer (recommend prior contact with the dealer to verify that the dealer can perform this service), or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be to have the software updated within these devices.