Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C80 Software Update
08-01-17, 04:56 PM
C80 Software Update
I've not had any success updating my C80 to v5.16. I was able to get part of the upgrade done but it fails with an "Error Checksum failed - Upgrade package is corrupt" message.

I then tried an older v4 upgrade with the same issue.

Are there CF card format issues/brands to be aware of? I tried reformatting the card and was not even then able to get the plotter to see the card w/ the downloaded software on it.

Any advice (short of sending the C80 back to Ray) would be awesome ! My goal is to get updated charts which I can't get w/o the software update.

One other question - on my satellites page, the display does not show any satellites but yet I have a fix and the unit works fine. I'm thinking this is all related to the software being old.

Thanks,
Birdman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-17, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-17 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: C80 Software Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Birdman,

Q1. Upgrade done but it fails with an "Error Checksum failed - Upgrade package is corrupt" message.

A1. The reported symptom is indicative of using a CF memory card which is not compatible with an A/C/E-Series Classic MFD. Less commonly, the reported symptom is indicative of a corruption of the data within the downloaded software update files ... downloading the software again and then replacing the software update files on the CF memory card with the most recently downloaded files may correct the reported symptom ... if not, then the CF memory card is not compatible with the MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing problems associated with updating the software within an A/C/E-Series Classic MFD. This FAQ includes a recommended source for memory cards which have been populated with the software for one's MFD.

Q2. One other question - on my satellites page, the display does not show any satellites but yet I have a fix and the unit works fine. I'm thinking this is all related to the software being old.

A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. This condition may also occur should a GPS Sensor supporting NMEA 0183 communications protocol be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input port of an autopilot course computer.
08-02-17, 02:30 PM
Thanks Chuck.

The one piece of info i can't find is the correct card format - should it be FAT or FAT32 ? Thanks
08-02-17, 03:06 PM
Birdman,

Q. The one piece of info i can't find is the correct card format - should it be FAT or FAT32 ?
A. FAT (FAT16).