Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50 Tridata replacing ST70 SeaTalk Raydata
08-16-17, 08:47 PM
i50 Tridata replacing ST70 SeaTalk Raydata
Good evening, I purchased a i50 Tridata to replace a 1998 Raydata ST70. I also bought a D244 Seatalk 3-way adapter to get power. Although the new (i50 boxed instrument only) no longer comes with a Seatalk to Seatalk ng cable, my marine store provided me with one. Installed i50 in dash with D244 adapter to connect my Seatalk Ray Autopilot to power i50 unit up. No problem, powered up and my 1998 depth transducer showed depth. Problem with speed and temp transducer.... connected as decribed in 4.4 Transducer connections and 3 dashes blank speed and blank after sea temp but depth works perfectly. Anything I missed? is the speed and depth transducer compatible? Not sure on speed / temp ducer model number... boat is a 1998 SeaRay 370 Sundancer, I'm the original owner. Everything worked until intermittent failure of the ST70 display last year followed by a blank screen mid season this year. Thanks in advance for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-17, 08:21 AM
RE: i50 Tridata replacing ST70 SeaTalk Raydata
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MissGuided,

Speed/Temp Transducers which were designed for use with the Raydata Instruments should indeed be compatible with the i50 Tridata and i50 Speed instruments. It is recommended that you verify that the speed/temp transducer's leads have each been mated to the corresponding color coded terminal of the i50 Tridata. If so, and the problem persists, then it recommended that the i50 Tridata display be Factory Reset (see the manuals section concerning dealer calibration options). Should the problem persist following the Factory Reset operation then the fault may be rooted in the transducer. Given the age of the speed/temp transducer, it is quite possible that it may have failed. Replacement speed/temp inserts are available from Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) for Airmar transducers, including those branded for Raytheon and Raymarine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply