Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constraints
08-17-17, 11:55 AM
Constraints
I have a Raymarine MFD E95, Model # E70021 running Lighthouse II V 19-03. I tried to load a file created in Voyage-planner V 1.3.0.11. The MFD gives me an error "Card in Use Retrieving Failed". Raymarine suggested I read the Constraint Post. I have read the post and gone through my WP list to correct any constraints.

I am requesting a test load on this file. I want to make sure the file will load before I try loading it on my MFD.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-17, 12:48 PM
RE: Constraints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Phil,

A quick scan of your GPX file using GPS Utility showed that the comments of least one of the waypoint within your GPX file exceed the 32 character constraint. It is recommended that your waypoints be reviewed and that another GPX file be created.
08-17-17, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-17 08:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I double checked my comments for 32 characters. I believe I have corrected the errors. Please check this file.
08-18-17, 08:19 AM
Phil,

The referenced FAQ specified that the characters used waypoint, route, track, and group names as well as waypoint comments be restricted to letters, numbers, underscores ("_"), dashes ("-"), or spaces (" "). Several of the names of your waypoints included parenthesis, hash mark, and signs and other non-specified characters. Removing these characters from your the waypoint names and comments, then permitted me to import to a GPX file created from this data.
All 1040 waypoints from the GPX file were successfully imported into a MFD operating with LightHouse II v19.03 software.
08-18-17, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-17 11:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So I need to re scan my WP to remove the restricted to letters, numbers, underscores ("_"), dashes ("-"), or spaces (" ") that included parenthesis, hash mark, and signs and other non-specified characters?

Can I get a copy of the file where you corrected the constraints?
08-18-17, 11:02 AM
Phil,

I will e-mail the subject file to you. Any questions or comments should thereafter be addressed within this Forum rather than via e-mail.