Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I remove the magenta waterfowl symbols overlaying my chart
03-17-16, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

One may obtain information associated with a vector chart (ex. Navionics, C-Map, LightHouse NOAA Vector Charts, etc.) chart object by positioning the cursor over the chart object and then pressing the OK button or holding one's finger on the object (touchscreen MFDs only) to display the Chart Point context menu. Selecting the CHART OBJECTs item from the Chart Point context menu will display all object information associated with that cursor location. This feature is not supported within raster charts (ex. LightHouse NOAA Raster Charts, NZ Mariner Rasters, Fugawi Aboard Canada, etc.).

The magenta waterfowl chart objects displayed within Navionics cartography are associated with marine sanctuaries and nature preserves. These chart objects belong to a Navionics vector chart symbol grouping titled Caution Areas. One of the principle features of vector charts is that many of the displayed chart objects maybe configured to be displayed or hidden to suit one's needs. As Raster Charts do not support the concept of chart objects, this feature is not supported when using raster charts. In the case of MFDs running LightHouse II software, the Caution Areas chart objects may be hidden within the Chart application via the command sequence MENU->PRESENTATION->OBJECTS->CAUTION AREAS->OFF. In the case of MFDs running LightHouse II software, the Caution Areas chart objects may be hidden hidden within the Chart application via the command sequence MENU->SETTINGS->ADVANCED->CAUTION AREAS->OFF.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed