Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD Compatibility with Robertson AP2500
08-28-17, 05:25 PM
MFD Compatibility with Robertson AP2500
I recently purchased a 37' Silverton. It has a Robertson AP 2500 autopilot. I really like the Raymarine MFD I have in boat number 1 and would like to buy a new package with radar for the "new" boat. Are any of the current Raymarine MFD's capable of interfacing with the old Robertson autopilot? I spotted a couple of blog conversations that seemed to indicate it should be possible, but there seemed to be some problems that they didn't speak exactly the same using NMEA 0183. Do you have any information and a solution for this? Thank You.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-17, 03:57 PM
RE: MFD Compatibility with Robertson AP2500
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum briankidwell,

Should the autopilot feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface supporting NMEA 0183 v2.1 or higher (recommend reviewing the autopilot's installation guide or consulting with Simrad's support team), then the NMEA 0183 Port 1 OUT+ lead (yellow) of the MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable would be interfaced to the autopilot's NMEA 0183 IN+ terminal. Additionally, the NMEA 0183 Port 1 OUT- lead (green) of the MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable would be interfaced to the autopilot's NMEA 0183 IN- terminal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply