Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine 45STV
10-03-17, 05:54 PM
Raymarine 45STV
Satellite dish was purchased new last June. About a month ago the dish in operation has started to emit a high pitched noise. This noise is getting louder and can now be heard about 20 ft from the boat.
I cannot locate the cause and do not know how concerned about this I should be and also what can be done to correct. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-17, 09:17 AM
RE: Raymarine 45STV
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

One would normally hear motor noise from a STV when it is first started until the STV locks onto the satellite. Such motor noise would also be expected when underway as the STV adjust pitch and azimuth to maintain a lock onto the satellite. However, it would neither be normal for continuous noise to be heard from a STV while at a protected marina nor would it be normal for the noise to be of a squealing nature (the latter may be indicative of a failing bearing). Should either of the latter two symptoms be observed, then it would be recommended that the STV45 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
11-05-17, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-17 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ok will have it taken to repair center and will update once I have more info. thanks for response.
11-06-17, 08:46 AM
You're welcome.