Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a wind data source to a Axiom or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series Raymarine MFD
10-04-17, 08:43 AM

Wind Transducers cannot be directly interfaced to a MFD, as the software of the MFDs does not support calibration of wind transducers. The following options may be used to add wind to a system featuring a Raymarine MFD:
- install an i40 Wind System and then interface the i40 Wind Instrument to the MFD via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit ... i40 Wind Instruments are recommended for powerboat applications only
- install an i50 Wind System and then interface the i50 Wind Instrument and MFD each as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
- install an analog masthead wind transducer, iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter, and an i70S Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID). The iTC-5 will be installed a a backbone component of a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The i70S MFID Instrument and MFD each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
- install TackTick T101 Wireless Multi Wind System and a Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway. The Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway and MFD will each be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
- install TackTick T101 Wireless Multi Wind System, T122 Wireless Interface, and a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG, etc.) The T122 will be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device which, along with the MFD, will be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
- install TackTick T101 Wireless Multi Wind System, T122 Wireless Interface, and interface the NMEA 0183 output of the T122 to the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface. Note: some MFDs (ex. Axiom MFDs, a6x MFDs, and a7X MFDs) do not have a NMEA 0183 communications interface and as such, this solution is not applicable to such MFDs.
- interface an Airmar Weather Station and the MFD each as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone ... this option is not typically applicable to sailing vessels as the masthead transducers mounted atop and at some distance from the mast on an arm generally . As Raymarine MFDs are not designed to calibrate third party NMEA 2000 sensors, any calibration of the Weather Station's sensors must be performed using the procedures and equipment specified by the Weather Station's manufacturer.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed