Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Radar Issue
10-28-17, 12:15 PM
Quantum Radar Issue
I have a new Quantum radome (Q24C) connected wirelessly to a new eS98 which has been functioning well for the past 6months. Last evening while heading offshore for an overnight trip it was turned on and transmitting for a minute or so, then just stopped working... providing an error message "Not available. Scanner failed self test". I restarted the system... still failed... then reset system... still failed... have tried to restart several more time with same failure mode. It will connect fine but not scan when selecting Tx. I'm on a long trip aboard and cannot easily send it back to the Nashua facility. Can you help me?

Barry Bistis
s/v Cythera
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-17, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-17 04:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum Radar Issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Barry,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to troubleshoot the reported problem. Unfortunately, should the procedures within the referenced FAQ not address the reported problem and should the MFD's Wi-Fi communications circuitry be determined to be operational, then the Quantum radome would need to be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. If installed by a Certified Raymarine Dealer, then it would be recommended that an Authorized Raymarine Dealer within the Carribbean be contacted to seek warranty repairs.
11-01-17, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-17 08:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Unfortunately, the recommendations of the referenced FAQ did not correct my issue. The Radome has power and establishes a connection just fine, however when attempting to transmit it fails the scanner self test and does not allow continuing or an option to correct, only to shut down the radar. Therefore I assume your recommendation is to return the Radome to Nashua, correct?
11-02-17, 09:01 AM
Barry,

Should the problem have been duplicated while connected to shore power after having fully charged the vessel's batteries, then the recommendation would be to send the radome to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.