Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i70s No GPS msg
11-09-17, 10:59 PM
i70s No GPS msg
Hi Chuck,

I've added an i70s to a NG backbone that is fed by an RS125 and bridges GPS data via a Seatalk 1 to NG converter. Typically is seems to take about 45-75 seconds for the RS125 to output valid GPS position, which I believe is normal.
The i70s has a default page for GPS position and it squawks about 'No GPS' about 15-20 seconds after power is first applied.

Power is applied to the NG network, the converter and the RS-125 all thru a dedicated power ckt and the feed is at the mid point of the NG bus.

How can I get the i70s to be patient while the RS-125 is finding initial position? Short of turning it off before power shutdown and delaying power up, there doesn't appear to be any why to delay the alert for 'No GPS'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-17, 11:59 AM
RE: i70s No GPS msg
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Lothar,

Unfortunately, the software within the i70/i70S MFIDs will alarm when no GPS data is received by the MFID. Once the alarm has been addressed, no further alarms should be generated unless GPS data from a valid GPS FIX becomes present within the system and is lost at some future time. The initial alarm state is intended to alert the operator that the system has not been provided with a valid GPS FIX prior to getting underway. if requested, a feature suggestion may be submitted to only alarm if the GPS FIX is lost once it has been acquired.
11-13-17, 03:26 PM
Thanks Chuck.

Yes, I'd suggest this as an option, ie, to silence the alarm for the first xx seconds after power-up or with the logic of only after valid position is first received.

How do I make that suggestion to the 'development team'?

All the best,

Lothar
11-13-17, 03:44 PM
lotharjt,

Nothing more need be done on your end. A feature request will be submitted to consider the requested feature modification for inclusion within a future i70/i70S MFID software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.