Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITC-5 not recognizing transducers
03-24-16, 10:18 AM
ITC-5 not recognizing transducers
I've recently installed a new Raymarine seatalkng system including EV-100 Wheel Autopilot, p70 display, es75 MFD, ITC-5 and i70 display. Upon installing es75, I updated software on es75 as well as other components. Autopilot and es75 work very well and are communicating together without issue. es75 and i70 recognize ITC-5, but no transducers. LEDs on ITC-5 for speed/temp and depth transducers are constantly blinking along with other LEDs that don't have transducers hooked up. Transducers are airmar previously fitted to s60 displays and worked without issue. If I remove transducer cables from ITC-5 and hook back up to s60 displays they work fine. Boat is on the hard so depth doesn't read, but it should still register with ITC-5.

Currently the ITC-5 is in the middle of the backbone with one blue port being fed from a 5 way with a blue terminator, spur is going to i70 and other backbone is going to a terminated T that spurs to the es75. I've attempted all possible wiring combos with the ITC-5 including removing all other unnecessary components and nothing works. Any help would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-16, 02:48 PM
RE: ITC-5 not recognizing transducers
So you are getting a continuous blink, on both the Speed/Temp and Depth? Try something, can the speed transducer be remove to get to the paddlewheel? Spin the paddlewheel manually with your finger, does the light on the iTC-5 change to solid green?
03-26-16, 02:34 PM
Continuous blink on all transducer LEDs (sped/temp and depth) are only ones hooked up. Tried manually spinning paddle wheel while it was hooked up and did not register. Tried powering down and powering back up while spinning and still nothing. Finally tried hooking it up while spinning and got nothing
03-28-16, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately, this points toward an issue with the iTC-5, because the i70 is noticing the iTC-5 on the Seatalk NG backbone, which explains that the backbone is wired correctly, but the iTC-5 not registering any transducers, especially Speed (outside of the water) it should still show up. I would have to recommend that the iTC-5 be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for repair.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue
04-21-16, 05:20 PM
installed new ITC-5 into system and I'm having the exact same problem. MFD and i70 is registering the ITC-5, but all LEDs are blinking and transducers are not being recognized. I know the transducers work so what's the problem?
04-22-16, 12:32 PM
So, on the i70 when you press Menu>Set up>Transducer Set up> continue. When the ITC-5 comes up, then press Select. Does any of the options under Details laminated?
04-22-16, 12:37 PM
(04-22-16 12:32 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  So, on the i70 when you press Menu>Set up>Transducer Set up> continue. When the ITC-5 comes up, then press Select. Does any of the options under Details laminated?

Nothing comes up when I select ITC-5 under Transducer Set Up. I made sure to update all software when I installed new ITC-5 yesterday just so you know.
04-22-16, 02:50 PM
Now I am pointing toward the speed transducer. When connected to the ST60 instrument, did you check the temp sensor? If temperature isn't operational, the iTC-5 will not recognize the transducer.
04-23-16, 08:00 PM
Transducers work 100% (speed, depth and temp) when connected to old instruments.

(04-22-16 02:50 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Now I am pointing toward the speed transducer. When connected to the ST60 instrument, did you check the temp sensor? If temperature isn't operational, the iTC-5 will not recognize the transducer.
04-25-16, 07:46 AM
(04-22-16 02:50 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Now I am pointing toward the speed transducer. When connected to the ST60 instrument, did you check the temp sensor? If temperature isn't operational, the iTC-5 will not recognize the transducer.

Temp was working last season, in an effort to avoid hooking up all the old stuff I measured resistance at temp transducer. roughly 15,000 ohms in the boat, 30,000 when placed in ice water and 8,000 after holding ducer in my hands to warm it up for a bit. Seems to be working perfectly fine based on this:

http://faq.airmar.com/index.php?action=a...artlang=en