Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS targets not displayed on i70/i70S MFID
11-28-17, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-17 04:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

The i70/i70S MFIDs will only display AIS targets when all of the following criteria have been satisfied:
- an operational AIS receiver or AIS transceiver has been interface to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Raymarine MFDs are not designed to bridge AIS data received via their NMEA 0183 communications interface to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000. Accordingly, the AIS receiver or AIS transceiver lacking a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface will need to be interfaced to a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.), which in turn will be interfaced as a spur to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
- the AIS receiver is receiving AIS target data from an AIS transceiver equipped vessel(s) which is in range
- the system is interfaced to a GPS receiver and the GPS receiver has acquired a GPS position FIX
- Heading data is available within the system. COG data may be substituted for heading data, but will require the the vessel be underway and making way to produce valid COG. In the case of the latter, no AIS targets will be displayed when the vessel is not underway and making way.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed