Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Issues w Fishfinder and Axiom MFD
12-02-17, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-17 02:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Issues w Fishfinder and Axiom MFD
I have recently upgraded my Raymarine network.

Axiom 9" x3 - new 2 months and updated before install
CP370 - new this year
Airmar M260 in hull - 12 yrs old

When the Axioms were installed all worked w fishfinder properly.

Occasionally the fishfinder would lose the bottom and read sporadic shallow depths w a confused screen while in 125' of water. Usually within minutes this would pass and return to normal.

A couple of weeks ago, it did the same thing but would not return to normal after an hour. I unplugged the transducer from the CP370 and plugged it back in to try to see if that would help. The MFD never detected the transducer after that and I dont believe the ducer was powering up after that.

I assumed the transducer was damaged so I purchased a new one and hooked it up to the network and it did not turn on.

I replaced the CP370 to see if that was damaged and no change. Still not working.

I swapped out network cables to test and still nothing.

Im not sure where to go next on this

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-17, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-17 02:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Issues w Fishfinder and Axiom MFD
Q1. A couple of weeks ago, it did the same thing but would not return to normal after an hour. I unplugged the transducer from the CP370 and plugged it back in to try to see if that would help. The MFD never detected the transducer after that and I dont believe the ducer was powering up after that. I assumed the transducer was damaged so I purchased a new one and hooked it up to the network and it did not turn on. I replaced the CP370 to see if that was damaged and no change. Still not working.

A1. Transducers should never be unplugged from or plugged into a fishfinding product while that product is powered ON. Doing so may result in damage to the fishfinder (in this case the CP370) and/or the transducer. Given the actions taken to date, troubleshooting should begin with verification that the CP370 has been updated with v13.34 or later software. Unfortunately, the diagnostic features of LightHouse 3 software (v3.2.101 at the time of this response) does not yet include the ability to inspect the software level within peripherals having an Ethernet communications interface. This may alternatively be verified by taking the CP370 to your Raymarine dealer, who may also update its software should it not yet have v13.34 software within its memory.

It has recently been identified that LightHouse v3.2.101 and earlier software had a defect within it which would prevent transducer selection for the CP370 as you have encountered. This defect is expected to be corrected within LightHouse v3.3.[censored], the release of which is imminent. Please additionally note that the diagnostic features of LightHouse v3.3.[censored] will be expanded to include providing software version data for peripherals which have been interfaced to the system via Ethernet networking (e.g. CP370, etc.).

Should there be an immediate need to have the CP370 work with your system, it may be interfaced to a MFD running LightHouse II software (which may also be used to verify / update the CP370's software) to then permit transducer selection. The CP370 may then be disconnected from the MFD running LightHouse II software and may then be interfaced to your Axiom MFD, where it should then function properly. If taking the CP370 to your dealer or sending it to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to perform this action, you will need to specify the model of transducer onboard your vessel (e.g. M260) which will be interfaced to the CP370.

Finally, please be certain that your M260's reservoir is full. Otherwise, it may fail to function properly.
12-06-17, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-17 10:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I spoke to Raymarine tech yesterday. He informed me of the software issue and I have already sent out the CP370 to have it brought up through LH-II to my Current LH-III.

M260 Tank is good.

Im curious why the CP370 worked at first and then after a month quit? Is this the normal symptom w this issue?
12-07-17, 10:13 AM
Moonzy,

Should you have commanded the CP370 to be reset, then it would have lost its transducer setting. As indicated, the currently available software for the Axiom MFDs would have then prevented a new transducer to be selected for the CP370. Per my initial response, disconnecting the transducer from a CP370 while it is powered ON may result in damage to the CP370 and/or the transducer. Should you not have included the information concerning the model of transducer installed onboard your boat within the note packaged with your CP370, then it would be recommended that the Repair Center be contacted after your CP370 has been received to provide this information to permit the CP370 to be configured for use with your model of transducer. That said, it is quite possible that the LightHouse 3.3.x software for the Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD may be released prior to you receiving your updated CP370 from the Repair Center.